Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My new chapbook

I just made a new chapbook called Unless As Stone Is. It's a longish poem based on Dante's sestina beginning "Al poco giorno e al gran cerchio d'ombra," ("To the short day and the great arc of shadow"). I read an alphabetized "Eldritch Tempo Remix" version of it at my reading for Spare Room earlier this month. The chapbook is for sale in Portland at Reading Frenzy, Powell's on Burnside, and Powell's on Hawthorne, or online at powells.com. It costs three dollars.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Is it obtainable via wishing ever so hard?

Sam Lohmann said...

No, but you could write a new poem that way. But I'll send you one. Do I have your address?

Sam Lohmann said...

Yes, I do.

Chris said...

As far as my science can tell, wishing ever so hard was successful.

It's a great little book, and handsome as well. Thanks! I suspect I will blog a little something about it soon.