Sunday, January 3, 2010

More Snips from "The Crystal Text"


[Continuing from previous post, these are copied as I wrote them down, correctly or not, while listening to the Spare Room's collective's marathon reading of Clark Coolidge's The Crystal Text, on December 19th in Portland.]


"in the time of no pronoun"
*
"The definition of now is the false later
an all this will never take place in."
*
"I could write anything, couldn't I?
I could hate the light of a world for not dovetailing to my taste.
How did those birds get in here?
I could. I won't."
*
"As if hearing the wind only once in ones own life,
a single poem written."
*
"I live by the light of your density, sharply."
*
"The regardless whatever is its essence."
*
"and watch the clocks lock hands"
*
"and irritate my thought with its ballast
and rake my brain with its tines
as if air was all it could pin up.
Rouge is not the color of bricks.
Neither is the crystal clear."
*
"writing in a vast book
the exigencies of the stopped snail"
*
"pituitary investigative rink silence"
*
"in a barn of rustled threads"
*
"give me some unfastened knowledge"
*
"His head was raining.
His eyes were in the crystal."
*
"I would go to live with gravid begonia."
*
"Living close to the rain sometimes opens ones mouth while dreaming."
*
"a teenaged kid in bricabrac,
checked shirt and bevelled forehead"
*
"Know the word compassion?
Sounds like a sheet of white-hot pasteboard."
*
"window higher than you could see through to anything but sky patch"
*
"Time to go out, even if you are."
*
"The door opens, and the thithers come through."
*
"a pester way of knowledge"
*
"Giant tender inkling
whistles when you think of it,
top of the zero growing hairs,
lungs and a full blast tendency."
*
"The meat of winter is staling on the planks
and there's a minor squirrel fitting in place."
*
"Salad with sherbet and chair rungs.
Bronze cymbals with a throaty tone."
*
"red candies lit where dawn should come"

No comments: